Change log: What's new!?
The big news here is the revised and extended Add-In for Excel.
- Improved: ActiveBarcode Add-In for Excel 365, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010
- With even more functions and better & simpler user interface.
- Improved: ActiveBarcode Add-In for Word 365, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010
- Improved: ActiveBarcode Add-In for PowerPoint 365, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010
- Improved: ActiveBarcode Generator
- Change for developers: ProgID has been changed from BARCODE to the specific ACTIVEBARCODE to avoid possible conflicts. If you have used BARCODE.BarcodeCtrl.1 in scripts, a change to ACTIVEBARCODE.BarcodeCtrl.1 required. The COM interface is no longer known as BARCODELib but as ACTIVEBARCODELib.
- Fix: Can now be used with office and Chinese language pack.
All Office Add-In now support six languages: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese.
Excel Add-In 2.0.0 🎉
Word Add-In 1.1.0
PowerPoint Add-In 1.1.0
Barcode Generator 7.5.0
Barcode Object 6.8.0
The new PowerPoint Add-In has been added to this version of the ActiveBarcode software suite:
- New: ActiveBarcode Add-In for PowerPoint 365, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010
- Minor bugfixes: ActiveBarcode Add-In for Word 365, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010
- Updated and enhanced: ActiveBarcode web component for PHP and ASP
PowerPoint Add-In 1.0.2 🎉
Word Add-In 1.0.2
Many improvements with the love to the detail found its way to the latest
version of the ActiveBarcode-Software-Suite.
- New: ActiveBarcode Add-In for Word 365, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010
- The generator was extended to offer you the same great user experience when you use it as a stand alone application or from the new Word Add-In to add and edit barcode objects in Word documents.
- New: ActiveBarcode CLI generates barcodes at the command line at least 100%+ faster than our script based tool because it's compiled and optimized for speed.
- It's the new, enhanced, universal and more powerfull way to create barcodes at the shell.
- The fastest solution to create barcodes series at mass or automate the creation of barcodes with minimal resource requirements within your workflow.
- Our high performance tool was formely available only at request and is now bundled into the ActiveBarcode software suite.
- Updated: Generate barcodes at the command line with BarcodeImage.wsf.
- BarcodeImage.wsf is our free open software wrapper for the ActiveBarcode Object.
- You can customize the script to your needs and learn from the source how to use the ActiveBarcode Object.
- You are allowed to redistribute and/or modify BarcodeImage.wsf under the terms of the GNU GPL. The use of the ActiveBarcode Object, however, must be covered by your license.
- Performance and stability improvements: ActiveBarcode Add-In for Excel 365, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010
- Improved error reporting and minor improvements.
At the heart is the new Add-In for Microsoft Word:
Word Add-In 1.0.0 🎉
Barcode Generator 7.3.1
ActiveBarcode Command Line Interface 2.0.3 🚀
BarcodeImage Script 2.0.0 📖
Excel Add-In 1.9.6
Barcode Control 6.6.0:
- Now available in English, German, Spanish, Italian and French language.
- Several barcodes can now be inserted at once not only as a barcode object but also as a static image.
- Minor improvements
- Using the clipboard to insert a barcode as a vector graphics to a document is now working corect for more clients. Adobe Illustrator, Inkscape, Corel Draw and other will able to use the barcode as a freely scaleable vector graphics without losses.
- You can now also set the size of barcodes by entering cm/inch.
- Minor bugifx in the x64 version. Serial export "Next" Button in dialog behaving correct again.
- The methods CopyToClipboard and CopyToClipboardBySize are more compatible with clients when using vector graphics.
- Minor improvements.
Excel Add-In 1.9.5:
Barcode Generator 7.2.0:
Barcode Control 6.5.0:
- Improved behavior when resizing the barcode. A "size error" will be prevented when using a large font for the clear text line allowing the smallest possible barcodes that are still valid.
- Improved behavior when the trial version has expired.
- Improved behavior when the license is missing.
- Fixed installer to support /SILENT or /VERYSILENT parameter.
- Improved and easier switching from trial version to the licensed version.
- Fix: Some printer drivers (e.g. Acrobat PDF) sporadically lacked some barcodes when printing. This problem is now being avoided.
- Improved: ActiveBarcode Add-In for Excel 2016,2013 and 2010 can insert a copy of the barcode as an image right next to the original barcode.
Barcode Control 6.4.0:
Barcode Generator 7.1.0:
Excel AddIn 1.8.9:
- Improved barcode clear text: Avoids overlapping characters and automatically resize font to largest possible option if selected font is too big. Automatic internal font resize for better usage for available space will keep the clear text line small enough to be printable even if user chooses a font size that was to big.
- Improved readablilty of the clear text line for the barcode Code 25 and ISBN family.
- Allow very small barcodes: Barcode without clear text line (i.e. PDF417) can be displayed smaller now.
- Improved international error messages for better readability. Especially when very small barcodes were used.
- Fix: CreatePictureBySize supports colored barcodes.
- New enhanced version of the ActiveBarcode Generator. Now also available as 64 bit version.
- Improved: ActiveBarcode Add-In for Excel 2016,2013 and 2010 can now convert multiple selected cells into barcodes at once. Create lists of barcodes with just one click!
- Added a setting dialog to edit and save default values (i.e. alignment, rotation in 0, 90, 180, 270 degree, border width, link with cell, copy color from cell, copy font from cell).
- Added a duplicate button to create an identical copy of a selected barcode object.
- Improved and faster handling of "Insert Image" creates always exact image copies of the barcode object.
- Better handling of merged cells.
- Allow changing the cells font and color. The cells font will be used for added barcodes allowing to select font and colors.
- Added "Delete all" that allows to delete all barcodes in a sheet.
- Allow to set minimal size for all barcodes - allows to find the minimal possible size for all barcodes in the sheet. This easily fixes all "size errors" after adding multiple barcodes at once.
- Toggle clear text line allows to handle all barcodes in the sheet.
- Font size increase and decrease can now handle multiple barcodes: If a barcode is selected change fontsize for that barcode. Otherwise change the size for all barcodes.
- Improved font functions and allow to apply font functions to all barcodes.
- Change: Adds new bardcodes with border set to zero.
- Most used barcodes are now easily accessible in the menu.
- Better touch mode support.
- Improved international support inch/cm and English and German language.
- Many minor bugsfixes and improvements: Working with the Excel AddIn has become more swift and intuitive.
Barcode Control 6.3.1:
Barcode Generator 7.0.1:
Excel AddIn 1.8.8:
- New: ActiveBarcode Add-In for Excel 2016, 2013 and 2010
- New: Control codes such as <CR>, <LF>, <TAB>, <ESC>, <DEL>, <BS>, <VT>, <FF> etc. can now be entered directly into the barcode object in the Text property.
- Improvement: Validation check for Code-128, EAN-128/EAN-128AI and GS1-128.
- Improvement: Presentation of the GS1-Datamatrix text line.
- Fix: Datamatrix, GS1-Datamatrix and QR-Code reported IsValid only when the barcode was visible. Now developers can validate a barcode without actually drawing it.
- Fix: Under specific cirtumstances GS1-Datamatrix 10X10 failed to create when size was selected very small.
- Fix: Datamatrix, GS1-Datamatrix and QR-Code reported "text error" instead of "size error" when size was selected very small.
- New: Better handling of embedded barcodes in Word. Properties and position of the barcode object can now be changed even without having to activate the design mode.
- New: The method of the barcode object 'CreatePictureBySize' can now be used even if the control is not visible. This allows a more versatile usage of the picture property for developers.
- Fix: When using Word 2013 x64/x86, barcodes were shown twice in Design Mode under some circumstances. Print was not effected but the visual glitch also affected usability under rare circumstances.
- Fix: When using Excel 2013 x64/x86, barcodes might have been shown with false size when the barcode was not fully visible and has been scrolled out of the visible display area.
- Fix: Many minor improvements and minor bugs have been fixed.
- New: The ActiveBarcode Control is now available as x64, too.
- New: The ActiveBarcode control is now available as a Windows Installer (MSI), allowing a simple deployment for administrators and developers.
- New: You can directly enter some control codes like CR, LF, TAB, ESC, DEL, BS, VT, FF into the ActiveBarcode Generator.
- New: When using the ActiveBarcode Generator ASCII characters above 127 can be encoded as Unicode UTF-8. THis applies to QR Code, PDF417 and Data Matrix.
- Enhancements of the ActiveBarcode Generators users interface.
- Fix: Many minor improvements and minor bugs have been fixed
- Change: The property PrintFix has no function because it is no longer needed and is therefore obsolete.
- New: QR Code.
- New: PZN8 code
- New: GS1-Data Matrix, with optional multi-line human readable text line
- New: The Control, the Application and the setup are now digital signed.
- New: By default, a font with fixed-width will now be used for a better optical result: Courier New.
- New: The new names of barcode GS1-128, GTIN-14, GTIN-13, GTIN-12 and GTIN-8 were added.
- Fix: Code 39 now always creates readable codes.
- Fix: Many minor improvements and minor bugs have been fixed
- The toolbar of the ActiveBarcode Application has been cleaned up. Also some improvements of the GUI.
- New: A new DataMatrix type named 'DataMatrix Square' always creates square codes and no rectangular ones.
- New: A new DataMatrix type named 'DataMatrix Rectangular' always creates rectangular codes and no square ones.
- New: A new type has been added for every symbol size of DataMatrix. Now you can set the symbol size for yourself when using one of this types.
- New: 'Quick print' (Ctrl-P) prints the current barcode on the selected printer without any changes in print configuration.
- New: File Naming Option: Use Barcodetext instead of numbers after the basename when exporting multiple barcode image files
- New: SetUp runs fine in Linux with Wine 1.2 now.
- Fix: When using a fixed size of the barcode, the barcode displays not fully on screen in last version. This was a display problem only. Prints and exported images were not affected.
- Fix: The configuration file activebarcodeapp.ini ist now stored in the Windows Application Data Folder and should no longer may cause problems with rights.
- Fix: The PDF417 code generated false codes in very special cases
- New: Configurable tool bar of the ActiveBarcode Application
- New: Function 'Open Recent Files'
- New: Function 'New' to create of a new barcode
- New: Several optical advancements
- New: The last used printer is saved
- New: The Options menu is splitted into Language and Customize
- New: Printing is not launched if a size error of the barcode occurs.
- New: Now the selected language (German, English) is saved.
- New: The number of the to exportable serial numbers and printable labels is displayed and set as a limit
- New: Tip windows are unsettable to let them show up again
- New: If a file already exists while exporting you now have the choice: Yes, no, Yes to all and Cancel
- New: Update check now without browser
- Fix: The DataMatrix generated sometimes false codes
- Fix: Export and label printing now can make more than approx 32000 barcodes
- Fix: Export: With the shift between Serial and Datasource the possible number was not updated correctly
- Fix: With very long standard numbers there was a calculation error.
- New: Export of barcodes image files with the ActiveBarcode Application with serial numbers or with data import.
- New: Serial number function (Print, Export) now also allows text before the number, e.g. abc001, abc002.
- New: If an opened file was changed in the ActiveBarcode Application and was not saved, a warning will be displayed when ending of the program or opening another file.
- Fix: The check digit inside the ISBN-10 plain text line of the ISBN-13 Dual code is now correct, even if the check number of ISBN-13 is given in the text property.
- Fix: The SaveAs methods have not released a handle when exporting to EMF or WMF and have blocked the file.
- Fix: The PDF417 now also releases the SizeError for X axis correctly.
- Fix: Now the codes 34,35,36 are also properly listed in the ODL.
- Fix: The DataMatrix generated now and then falsely a SizeError.
- Fix: Now the Property Alignment is saved persistent (Control)
- Fix: Now printing with serial numbers is also possible if the number are very huge.
- Fix: With some printer drivers some barcodes were sporadically not printed when printing labels.
- New: Barcodetype: ISMN (International Standard Music Number)
- New: Barcodetype: ISSN (International Standard Serial Number)
- New: Export of a barcode as a WMF (Windows Metafile format) or EMF (Enhanced Metafile format) file.
- New: The ActiveBarcode Application now supports file dropping of .bar files.
- New: New barcode type added: ISBN-13
- New: New barcode type added: ISBN-13 Dual
- New: Property Alignment to center, left align or right align the barcode
- New: Print labels on more than one page at once
- New: Optional data import when printing labels
- New: Simplistic user's guidance with the printing functions
- New: The dialogs 'Info' and 'About' are now combined and offer new features
- New: New function 'Save as' together with adaptation of the functionality of the 'Save' function.
- Fix: The black blocks of the PDF417 are no longer 1 pixel too wide.
- Fix: Now the top-plain text line of ISBN is positioned correctly
- Fix: Improved representation of the PostNet and RoyalMail: Now the plain text line is always direct under the barcode.
- Fix: Improvement of the error handling and error detection if no printer is installed.
- New: Data Matrix Code
- New in the ActiveBarcode Application: Right click into the barcode will open a popup menu for main functions to edit the barcode
- New in the ActiveBarcode Application: Bigger edit field in the function 'Barcode/Text'
- New: ActiveBarcode Command Line to create barcode images at the command line, in batch files or scripts.
- New: ActiveBarcode Control: Methods SaveAs, SaveAsBySize and SaveAsBySizeExtended to save image files as BMP, JPEG, PNG, TIF, TGA, GIF, PBM, PGM, PPM, XMP or WBMP
- New: New image formats for saving images files with the ActiveBarcode Application. It now supports BMP, JPEG, PNG, TIF, TGA, GIF, PBM, PGM, PPM, XMP and WBMP for saving image files.
- New: Optional barcode-type-list on the right of the ActiveBarcode Application.
- New: Additional label sheet standard formats. (ActiveBarcode Application)
- New: Setting up label sheets is more easy and has a new feature that allows to create sheets that have labels with free space between themselves. (ActiveBarcode Application)
- New: The menu function "Internet/Help" has been added.
- Fix: A bug in PDF417 is fixed: An empty text causes no more errors.
Older version history