You can use the ActiveBarcode command line tool to create barcode images files directly from the command line. Use it in the shell, in scripts or applications.
- ActiveBarcodeCLI is a non-interactive barcode image creator.
- ActiveBarcodeCLI is open source hosted on github: You can contribute, redistribute and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU GPL.
- ActiveBarcodeCLI is a simple bash script as a wrapper tool for the ActiveBarcode REST API to easily create highly accurate barcode images at the command line.
- It can be used to create png and jpg bitmaps.
- It helps to automate your barcode needs, is versatile and platform independent.
- ActiveBarcodeCLI runs on Linux, macOS and Windows.
- ActiveBarcodeCLI installs quick and easy via 🍺 Homebrew.
- Very compact and lightweight and therefore also perfectly suited for embedded systems.
- Runs on low end devices such as Raspberry Pi.
- The installation of the ActiveBarcode software suite for Windows is not required.
Highly accurate barcodes
At the command line
PNG and JPG image files
Versatile in use