EAN-18 / NVE / SSCC-18
Description of EAN-18 / NVE / SSCC-18
(Serial Shipping Container Code)
is used throughout the supply chain as an identifier for item tracing and internal control.
In Germany this code is called EAN 18/NVE
(Nummer der Versandeinheit).
It is always 18 digits long:
- The first two numbers are the Application Identifier
of the EAN-128: (00). You cannot change them. They are part of the
code. You must not enter them. ActiveBarcode will add them automatically.
- The first digit of the data field is the extension digit. Currently a "3" is standard.
- The next 7 digits is the company prefix.
- The following 9 digits are the serial reference number.
- The last digit is the check digit. ActiveBarcode calculates this check digit for you.
You do not have to calculate this number manually.
The SSCC-18 / EAN-18 / NVE is displayed using the symbology of EAN-128
. The Application Identifier (00)
is added automatically and must not be entered by you.
Calculated according to Modulo 10
ActiveBarcode calculates the check digit for you automatically
EAN-18/NVE - #31 - CODEEAN18
SSCC-18 - #32 - CODESSCC18