Barcode object 6.12.0
Fixed a bug in Code-93 Extended.
Barcode object 6.11.0
Easy license detection: You don't have to take care to install the matching 32bit or 64bit license. Both will be accepted.
- Fixed a rare glitch that prevented to find the license. Occurred only in a multithreading environment under very heavy load.
Barcode Generator 7.7.0
Improved: Barcode Generator
- Minor bugfixes.
Barcode object 6.10.0
Fixed a bug in GS1-Datamatrix that only occured when encoding a very specific incorrect text.
- Improved installer allows silent installations even on server systems that don't have the constant "userdocs" defined.
Extended the user license to allow building executable files that can use the barcode object.
When building an executable file without a developer license, the barcode object behaves as unlicensed. The user needs to purchase his own license in order to make the barcode object work.
When building an executable file with the developer license, the barcode object behaves as licensed. The user does not need to purchase his own license because the compiled executable is licensed through the developer license.
Barcode object 6.9.0
The trial watermark is removed from the barcodes to allow a much better compatibility testing with any barcode scanner that you use.
Barcode Generator 7.6.1
Improved: Barcode Generator
Now available in even more languages: German, English, Italian, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Dutch and Danish.
Fix: Error in label dialog for data import corrected.
It's now easier to define the barcode sizes in cm or inches. You can toggle between metric or pixel barcode size.
Improved UTF8 handling. Serial numbers can contain Unicode characters when export images or create labels.
Now available in even more languages: German, English, Italian, Spanish, French and Portuguese.
All Office Add-In now support six languages: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese.
Excel Add-In 2.0.0 🎉
Improved and extended: ActiveBarcode Add-In for Excel 365, 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010.
With even more functions and better & simpler user interface.
Word Add-In 1.1.0
Improved: ActiveBarcode Add-In for Word 365, 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010.
PowerPoint Add-In 1.1.0
Improved: ActiveBarcode Add-In for PowerPoint 365, 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010.
Barcode generator 7.5.0
Improved: Barcode generator
Barcode object 6.8.0
Change for developers: ProgID has been changed from BARCODE to the specific ACTIVEBARCODE to avoid possible conflicts. If you have used BARCODE.BarcodeCtrl.1 in scripts, a change to ACTIVEBARCODE.BarcodeCtrl.1 required. The COM interface is no longer known as BARCODELib but as ACTIVEBARCODELib.
- Fix: Can now be used with office and Chinese language pack.
PowerPoint Add-In 1.0.2 🎉
New: ActiveBarcode Add-In for PowerPoint 365, 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010
The new PowerPoint Add-In has been added to this version of the ActiveBarcode software suite.
Word Add-In 1.0.2
Minor bugfixes: ActiveBarcode Add-In for Word 365, 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010
Updated and enhanced: ActiveBarcode Internet component for PHP and ASP
Word Add-In 1.0.0 🎉
New: ActiveBarcode Add-In for Word 365, 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010
The new Word Add-In has been added to this version of the ActiveBarcode software suite.
Barcode generator 7.3.1
The generator was extended to offer you the same great user experience when you use it as a stand alone application or from the new Word Add-In to add and edit barcode objects in Word documents.
ActiveBarcode Command Line Interface 2.0.3 🚀
New: Barcode command line interface (CLI) generates barcodes at least 100%+ faster. Barcode creation optimized for speed. It's the new, enhanced, universal and more powerfull way to create barcodes at the shell. The fastest solution to create barcodes series at mass or automate the creation of barcodes with minimal resource requirements within your workflow.
Excel Add-In 1.9.6
Improved: ActiveBarcode Add-In for Excel 365, 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010.
Barcode object 6.6.0:
Improved error reporting and other minor improvements.
Excel Add-In 1.9.5:
Now available in English, German, Spanish, Italian and French language.
Several barcodes can now be inserted at once not only as a barcode object but also as a static image.
Barcode generator 7.2.0:
Using the clipboard to insert a barcode as a vector graphics to a document is now working corect for more clients.
Adobe Illustrator, Inkscape, Corel Draw and other will able to use the barcode as a freely scaleable vector graphics without losses.
You can now also set the size of barcodes by entering cm/inch.
Minor bugifx in the x64 version. Serial export "Next" Button in dialog behaving correct again.
Barcode object 6.5.0:
CopyToClipboard and CopyToClipboardBySize are more compatible with clients when using vector graphics.
Barcode generator 7.1.0:
Fix: Some printer drivers (e.g. Acrobat PDF) sporadically lacked some barcodes when printing. This problem is now being avoided.
Barcode object 6.4.0:
Improved behavior when resizing the barcode. A "size error" will be prevented when using a large font for the clear text line allowing the smallest possible barcodes that are still valid.
Improved behavior when the trial version has expired.
Improved behavior when the license is missing.
Fixed installer to support /SILENT or /VERYSILENT parameter.
Improved and easier switching from trial version to the licensed version.
Excel AddIn 1.8.9:
Improved: ActiveBarcode Add-In for Excel 2016,2013 and 2010 can insert a copy of the barcode as an image right next to the original barcode.
Barcode generator 7.0.1:
New enhanced version of the ActiveBarcode Generator. Now also available as 64 bit version.
Barcode Control 6.3.1:
- Improved barcode clear text: Avoids overlapping characters and automatically resize font to largest possible option if selected font is too big. Automatic internal font resize for better usage for available space will keep the clear text line small enough to be printable even if user chooses a font size that was to big.
- Improved readablilty of the clear text line for the barcode Code 25 and ISBN family.
- Allow very small barcodes: Barcode without clear text line (i.e. PDF417) can be displayed smaller now.
- Improved international error messages for better readability. Especially when very small barcodes were used.
- Fix: CreatePictureBySize supports colored barcodes.
Excel AddIn 1.8.8:
- Improved: ActiveBarcode Add-In for Excel 2016,2013 and 2010 can now convert multiple selected cells into barcodes at once. Create lists of barcodes with just one click!
- Added a setting dialog to edit and save default values (i.e. alignment, rotation in 0, 90, 180, 270 degree, border width, link with cell, copy color from cell, copy font from cell).
- Added a duplicate button to create an identical copy of a selected barcode object.
- Improved and faster handling of "Insert Image" creates always exact image copies of the barcode object.
- Better handling of merged cells.
- Allow changing the cells font and color. The cells font will be used for added barcodes allowing to select font and colors.
- Added "Delete all" that allows to delete all barcodes in a sheet.
- Allow to set minimal size for all barcodes - allows to find the minimal possible size for all barcodes in the sheet. This easily fixes all "size errors" after adding multiple barcodes at once.
- Toggle clear text line allows to handle all barcodes in the sheet.
- Font size increase and decrease can now handle multiple barcodes: If a barcode is selected change fontsize for that barcode. Otherwise change the size for all barcodes.
- Improved font functions and allow to apply font functions to all barcodes.
- Change: Adds new bardcodes with border set to zero.
- Most used barcodes are now easily accessible in the menu.
- Better touch mode support.
- Improved international support inch/cm and English and German language.
- Many minor bugsfixes and improvements: Working with the Excel AddIn has become more swift and intuitive.
- New: ActiveBarcode Add-In for Excel 2016, 2013 and 2010
- New: Control codes such as <CR>, <LF>, <TAB>, <ESC>, <DEL>, <BS>, <VT>, <FF> etc. can now be entered directly into the barcode object in the Text property.
- Improvement: Validation check for Code-128, EAN-128/EAN-128AI and GS1-128.
- Improvement: Presentation of the GS1-Datamatrix text line.
- Fix: Datamatrix, GS1-Datamatrix and QR-Code reported IsValid only when the barcode was visible. Now developers can validate a barcode without actually drawing it.
- Fix: Under specific cirtumstances GS1-Datamatrix 10X10 failed to create when size was selected very small.
- Fix: Datamatrix, GS1-Datamatrix and QR-Code reported "text error" instead of "size error" when size was selected very small.
- New: Better handling of embedded barcodes in Word. Properties and position of the barcode object can now be changed even without having to activate the design mode.
- New: The method of the barcode object 'CreatePictureBySize' can now be used even if the control is not visible. This allows a more versatile usage of the picture property for developers.
- Fix: When using Word 2013 x64/x86, barcodes were shown twice in Design Mode under some circumstances. Print was not effected but the visual glitch also affected usability under rare circumstances.
- Fix: When using Excel 2013 x64/x86, barcodes might have been shown with false size when the barcode was not fully visible and has been scrolled out of the visible display area.
- Fix: Many minor improvements and minor bugs have been fixed.
- New: The ActiveBarcode Control is now available as x64, too.
- New: The ActiveBarcode control is now available as a Windows Installer (MSI), allowing a simple deployment for administrators and developers.
- New: You can directly enter some control codes like CR, LF, TAB, ESC, DEL, BS, VT, FF into the ActiveBarcode Generator.
- New: When using the ActiveBarcode Generator ASCII characters above 127 can be encoded as Unicode UTF-8. This applies to QR Code, PDF417 and Data Matrix.
- Enhancements of the ActiveBarcode Generators users interface.
- Fix: Many minor improvements and minor bugs have been fixed
- Change: The property PrintFix has no function because it is no longer needed and is therefore obsolete.
Older version history